Jun 18, 2020 | Admin. | 1189 views
Flesherton Minor Baseball Members and Players:
Flesherton Minor Baseball Association is committed to providing a baseball program for the 2020 summer. Covid 19 has put a stop to many youth programs in our area. We, Flesherton Minor Baseball Committee Members are confident we can get the youth back playing baseball with their friends.
Ontario Baseball Association has developed strict return to play protocols and are providing insurance for our program. The return to play protocols are approved by the Ontario Health Ministry and provide a reasonably safe environment to play. An information document containing questions and answers from the OBA is attached with this email. More information regarding return to play protocols can be located on the OBA and WOBA websites or by downloading the Baseball Ontario On-Deck App.
1. Flesherton Minor Ball Association is proceeding with play for teams U9 to U18.
We are sorry to say that due to the difficulty of social distancing we have decided that we will not be running the Blastball or U7 programs this season. As things open up we may consider running clinics for these age groups and will be in contact with parents at a later date regarding this.
2. What play might be, is still unclear. It may be as simple as kids getting together on the field, or it may develop to allow exhibition games within WOBA. Current Provincial regulations allow for ten on the field (players and coaches included).
3. All current registration fees collected will be returned as soon as possible. If you are planning on returning to play, the fee for the remainder of the season will be $40 including a “Covid-19 did not strike us out” T-Shirt.
4. Players and parents must confirm their intent to return to play by signing all attached waiver forms.
5. Grey Highlands Municipality is lagging behind Provincial re openings, and play may start in Dundalk but we are hoping Grey Highlands will at some point allow kids to play.
Included with this email are 3 waivers to be signed. One is the Covid-19 waiver that must be signed by all parents, coaches, and players. The other 2 are Risk waivers – one for the parents and one for the players, they are labelled at the top. Sign and return the appropriate waivers to confirm your intent to play as soon as possible, but no later than Monday, June 22. If the forms are not return it is assumed, you are not interested in returning.
Coaches may follow up with an email detailing specific team return to play plans.
I am proud that our organization is committed to get the kids playing.
President, Flesherton Minor Baseball.